I fumbled jumbled letters last night,
Two makeshift mirrors, whispers to recieve,
And do some damage to the next day.
I caught a drop of your lovelight
Fell through my cold nerveless fingers
and wrapped them around the phantom of your stay
too late it seems.
I put you up there on the moon,
Cursing as if to say
Ill never build a rocket
To bridge this fine gap
Of pencil and the page.
And to keep my pride intact
I sunk shattered shards into the earth
Hoping they would catch your rays.
Two makeshift mirrors, whispers to recieve,
And do some damage to the next day.
I caught a drop of your lovelight
Fell through my cold nerveless fingers
and wrapped them around the phantom of your stay
too late it seems.
I put you up there on the moon,
Cursing as if to say
Ill never build a rocket
To bridge this fine gap
Of pencil and the page.
And to keep my pride intact
I sunk shattered shards into the earth
Hoping they would catch your rays.
No comments:
Post a Comment