Sunday, October 27, 2019

Oscillation

No you're right
It's not going to be good enough
You're a not a sensible person,
You chose this path you blind oaf
More sensible people wouldn't look at Everest
With anything other than a thin smile awe.
Dealing with the search for Love
Let alone lunch.
When you set your resolutions
In a rapture of unmeasured distances 
Perhaps its not just the only thing
To find a resolution
And make a new space
And invite yourself in
And not lose the battle between blind optimism and hope, and bitterness
Well fuck it
I suppose I'm bitter enough
I suppose irony is actually dead
There's something funny about being relentlessly searching my mind for the ticket to Anytown USA
And its royally fucking irritating, too
Supposing that I should be One and Whole
Instead of oscillating between two poles
Being IS Becoming! Said Deleuze
In pen, on paper, and slotted into a library
And leafed through with fingers shaking
At the frequency of whatever.
And if I come across as cynical
It's not because I am
It's because I am surrounded by
Phantoms of false faith
Nothing is sacred anymore
Because God is in the wind
And the wind is cold
Because it's autumn.
So I'll love the mushrooms
Like gods eternal groundsmen,
Restlessly sweeping away bones
In another one of my lost nights.
I'll bide my time
And wear my sunglasses
And tilt my head at your camera
Chewing oddly and slowly like a cow
A mirthless smile floats across my face
As if there is some bright future
As if in my nerves the question is lit
I will point a finger at my ego
Being, burnt out
My nerves are numb, really,
So no I won't lighten up
I'll darken down, thank you kindly
Life's too short to defend what i can't see
And I'll die like the rest
Let's go onwards,
And hold onto the only hope that is not out of the question- that the mushrooms get me good

No comments:

Post a Comment